- Inherited money does not count. Not that I expect to get too much, but in case I do, that does not count towards my goal.
- Lotteries and other games of chance do not count. I am not going to pay the stupidity tax to begin with, so there isn't even a chance that I would win a regular lottery. If I am the 1,000,000th shopper, that doesn't count either.
- I must provide monthly updates.
- I have until December 31 of the year I turn 30 to meet my goal. I'm doing this so that the Retire at 30 fiscal year matches the calendar year. It gives me about 1 extra month to meet my goal.
Rules for the blog in general:
- When I talk about a product and when feasible, I will add a link to that product.
- Product reviews must be done to add value for readers and will always contain my honest opinions. If I am asked by a product owner to review their product (should this blog ever reach that level of popularity) then I will do so under full disclosure (being paid, how much). I repeat, I will not bias my opinions or plug products that I think are junk.