Sunday, November 13, 2005

Topics I'll Cover

I still can't sleep, so what more will I be talking about. In addition to talking about making financial decisions, I love to make excel models, and so I will be posting a number of these which I have used to make decisions in my own personal finances. If you have any other topics you would like discussed, please feel free to email me at retureat30@gmail.com.

Forthcomming Topics:

  • The goal: how much do I need to retire at 30?
  • Updates: each month i will update you with my progress towards financial independence.
  • Assupmtions and rational ground rules.
  • Resources - where to get more information, how to stay up to date.
  • The Me Inc. Theory of personal finance.
  • Buy Quicken.
  • Build a budget - it's easier than you think.
  • Don't spend cash.
  • Setting up a ROTH IRA.
  • The Economics of Retirement savigns and IRA contributions - will post excel file.
  • Student Loans - consolitation
  • Student Loans - which repayment option should you choose - will post excel file.
  • Loser gets attention - strategy for getting the most out of your long term investments.
  • Buy an older car.
  • Who am I?
  • College for our children - man that's going to cost a lot.
  • Podcasts I like

Topics I am going to cover:

  • Investing
  • Budgeting
  • Planning for retirement
  • Taxes & Government Incentives
  • Cars & Insurance
  • Housing - renting, buying, etc.

No comments: